Issue: User asked me to make a database connectivity to SQL Server. They provided following details SQL server hostname and ip address Database/DSN name Username Password I made entry in ODBC.ini file. You know, SQL Server entries were made in ODBC.ini and Oracle entries were made in TNS.ora file. Everything went fine, took back up of odbc.ini, made entry and saved the file. So to test this connection I ran the libname statement in SAS Enterprise Guide 6.1. It throwed following error. Error Message: My DB team showed that they are able to login 14 GOPTIONS ACCESSIBLE; 15 LIBNAME test ODBC DATASRC=SGE_DS SCHEMA=VST USER=sales PASSWORD=XXXXXXXXX; ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [SAS/ACCESS to SQL Server][ODBC SQL Server Legacy Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'sales'. Solution: First I suspected that Login failed for user 'sales' meant the password provided by DB team was wrong. They responded that they were able to login wi...
Comments
Post a Comment